Director of Digital Marketing
thinkLaw exists to create a world where critical thinking is no longer a luxury good. We help educators teach critical thinking to all students, not just the highest achieving ones at the most exclusive schools. Rote memorization and spoon-fed learning will not prepare young people for the rapidly changing workforce that awaits them. This is why thinkLaw increases educational equity by giving all students access to critical thinking. We do this through our award-winning curriculum that uses real-life legal cases in upper grades and fairy tales and nursery rhymes in lower grades as a hook to unleash the critical thinking potential of all students and powerful professional development that helps educators apply rigorous inquiry strategies that help them transform from asking “what” and “how to” to “why” and “what if.”
We are seeking a strategic marketing and business development leader to support the dramatic acceleration of thinkLaw’s services and products past the tipping point, bringing about a tsunami of new development. This digital marketing and media expert will tell the story of thinkLaw, incite a waterfall of national engagement, and execute the nitty-gritty tasks to reach our ambitious sales and marketing goals. We are looking for someone with a passion for our mission and the execution chops to make it a reality.
thinkLaw has partnered with over 500 school systems and organizations in 35 states in since launching in June 2015 and has thousands of opportunities for new partnerships due to our tremendous exposure through national and regional education conferences, social media and email marketing efforts, district-wide approvals in hundreds of schools districts and the success of our founder’s newest book.
Can you help our small but mighty startup team expand the critical thinking revolution to 1000+ partnerships in time for the 2021-22 school year?
A world where critical thinking is taught by all teachers and to all students, leveling the playing field for 21st century success.
We help educators teach critical thinking to ALL students.
Our Core Values
We listen to understand, speak to be understood, and demonstrate the courage to tackle the tough but necessary conversations across lines of difference.
We dream big, create boldly, and dare to improve our world dramatically, approaching our work with creativity and an endless set of possibilities.
Making a Difference
Our bottom line is impact, so we prioritize our actions and our inactions through the lens of maximizing this bottom line.
Our Approach – The thinkLaw Method
- We make it easy. We are always willing to do the hard work on our end if it’s going to make someone’s work easier on the other side.
- We make it engaging. We work hard to make sure our work is received with tears, hell yeahs, this is unacceptables, gasps, are you freaking kidding me, and laughter because we understand that the emotional connection that comes from engaging our partners and community members.
- We ground our work in critical thinking. We consider multiple perspectives, we use evidence to back up our decision-making, and we are committed to continuous improvement of our thinking around every aspect of what we do.
- We err on the side of fairness and justice, always. We consider equity, not equality in deciding what is needed for our team, our partners, and our work. We understand that what is legal is not always just and what is acceptable is not always fair, and actively seek to be the hammer that helps to bend the arc of history towards justice.
We need someone who is a:
Digital Marketing Expert and Business Developer
- Capitalize on search engine optimization and increase website traffic to intersect with educators who are seeking solutions to the challenges that thinkLaw can solve.
- Build momentum and engagement beyond vanity metrics to customer conversion resulting in a substantial increase in partnerships.
- Close the information gap to ensure that visitors become partners by utilizing a wide suite of pre-created digital media.
- Utilize targeted marketing strategies in email campaigns in order to captivate thinkLaw’s target partner.
- Increase partnerships dramatically by managing targeted social media ads on all relevant platforms.
- Position thinkLaw in such a way that at least 50% of growth is generated from automated and strategic marketing tactics.
- Use exceptional written and verbal communication skills for proactive communication with decision-makers, influencers, and fans alike.
- Coordinate an incredible suite of content (blog posts, podcasts, webinars, articles, video) to ensure potential customers in becoming satisfied users.
- Curate customer testimonials and leverage the experiences of current customers to create a referral-based stream of new business.
Creator, Executor, and Game-Changer
- Lead high-level, big-picture strategic initiatives AND execute the nitty-gritty, painfully mundane tasks that are critical to transforming thinkLaw’s goals into a reality.
- Capitalize on internal flexibility and resiliency to excel in a startup environment under pressure, tight deadlines, and high stakes culture.
- Thrive in an organization in which you are building and flying a plane at the same time and drinking water from a fire hydrant.
“Reader of the Tea Leaves” with Educational Equity in Mind
- Use data and trends to maintain a keen eye for what is important to education leaders.
- Remain laser-focused on the needs of students, educators, and the ever-evolving education sector.
- An impeccable reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Expertise as a social media and marketing strategist with a record of demonstrable gains due to targeted and coordinated email, social media, and search engine management campaigns.
- An ability to not only solve problems, but find them, discovering what you do not know and having the ability to gain whatever skills necessary to get the job done.
- An ability to empathize with the priorities and needs of potential partners and communicate directly to these needs through the services and products of thinkLaw.
- An impressive portfolio of campaigns that demonstrate an ability to substantially increase engagement resulting in qualified leads and ultimately an impressive increase in partnerships.
- Someone described as independent, innovative, self-motivated, and disciplined with an ability to meet deadlines and big-hairy-ambitious-goals.
- Superb communication skills across a variety of stakeholders and industries, both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to manage several projects at one time while paying strict attention to details in a virtual workplace.
- Experience working with a suite of powerful media content and leveraging for maximum impact on lead generation.
- Skilled in creating, editing, and publishing blog posts, podcasts, and video.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or higher in education, marketing, law, business, public administration, nonprofit management, or related field.
- Familiarity with the lean startup model
- Prior experience with warm and cold prospecting resulting in rapid business development.
- Experience in influencing key stakeholders and decision-makers in K-12 education.
- Autonomy and independence
- Flexible work environment (virtual workspace) and family-friendly business practices
- Base Salary: $60,000 annually
- Competitive benefits, including healthcare and dental coverage reimbursements.
- The opportunity to work for a mission-based, social enterprise that is revolutionizing education, with significant opportunities for growth both in impact and in compensation within the first 6 months of employment.
thinkLaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If this position speaks to you, please submit a resume and cover letter to Nina Tinsley at email@example.com with the subject line (Application for FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME). Please include at least 3 references, at least 2 of whom serve(d) as your direct supervisor, and a portfolio of work that demonstrates your strong candidacy for this opportunity.