2020 has been a year unlike any other! Here at thinkLaw, we’ve been reflecting on the events, accomplishments, and lessons this year has brought. As we move into 2021, we are more focused than ever on working to bring you powerful but practical tools for closing the Critical Thinking Gap as we pave the way for educational equity. Check out our Top 5 thinkLaw Moments of 2020:
1. Winning the 2020 Echoing Green/Barclay’s Social Innovation Challenge thinkLaw’s Founder and CEO Colin Seale earned the $20,000 prize in the Education category of this pitch competition and showcase, which focused on focused on elevating BIPOC entrepreneurs to help drive their communities’ to be more inclusive, just, and equitable in a post-COVID-19 world. Colin’s win helped to further our mission of leading a critical thinking revolution.
2. Launching the Educational Equity Equation Series Our work has always been about pushing for educational equity, and the events of 2020–a global pandemic and nationwide unrest over racial injustices–had made it distinctly clear that these inequities have always been within our schools and classrooms. Enter the EEE, thinkLaw’s conversation series where education leaders and experts around the country join Colin to discuss practical and powerful tools that educators can use to affect change and push for equity for their students.
3. Virtual PD Launch Who ever thought we’d all become such pros at online meetings and instruction? 2020 forced us all to get more comfortable with gathering, teaching, learning, and leading through a screen, and thinkLaw was no exception. Though we missed seeing you in person this year, it felt great to connect virtually with the launch of our Virtual Professional Development, which we brought to teachers, leaders, schools, and conferences throughout the year. Check it out here.
4. Thinking Like A Lawyer Release 2020 also brought us the year of Thinking Like A Lawyer, the book and framework that is bringing the Critical Thinking Revolution to life, one classroom and school at a time. Colin uses his unique experience to introduce a wide variety of concrete instructional strategies and examples that teachers can use in all grade levels and subject areas. Individual chapters address underachievement, the value of nuance, evidence-based reasoning, social-emotional learning, equitable education, and leveraging families to close the critical thinking gap.
5. First National Conference (NAGC) as Keynote Speaker & Keynoting Over 20 Conferences Across the Nation If you were at a conference where Colin presented a keynote in 2020 (in person or virtual), you were in for a treat! Colin’s sessions are powerful, thought-provoking, and action-oriented. Maybe you caught him sharing powerful strategies from his book, Thinking Like A Lawyer, or pushing for equity by making us think twice about how we traditionally recruit students for gifted education programs. No matter the topic, you’re sure to leave Colin’s presentations inspired. We can’t wait to see more of you in 2021!
Like What You See Here? Dig Deeper With Us By:
> > Joining Our Exclusive Facebook™ Group
> > Getting A Copy of Colin Seale’s Best- Selling Book, Thinking Like A Lawyer
>> Requesting A Custom Quote For Your Needs